Whether you are a first time home buyer, moving to the area or a foreign national now looking to make Atlanta home, my experience in finance has me connected to some great lenders to help you get the job done. Remember that from the time you are approved for your loan to closing, you must maintain the same financial “photograph”. Here are some tips to keep in mind.
THE 10 DO’S AND DON’TS DURING THE LOAN PROCESS
- Don’t apply for new credit of any kind.
- Don’t close credit card accounts
- Don’t max out or overcharge any credit accounts.
- Don’t consolidate debt to one or two cards.
- Don’t change or quit your current job.
- Don’t make large deposits into you checking/savings account. What a large deposit is to one may not be to another. Keep it under $500. Otherwise an underwriter will require it to be sourced.
- Don’t make any large purchases. In fact, don’t buy anything until after closing!
- Don’t co-sign for any loans.
- Do stay current on existing accounts.
- Do call me with any questions regarding the loan process.